This is a delicious breakfast on a weekend and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Add some greek yoghurt too if you fancy it.
300 grams self raising flour
300 ml milk
1 inch cube of unsalted butter, melted
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoon of caster sugar
Handfull of strawberries for decoration if you fancy it
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs into the milk and then pour into dry ingredients, and vigorously mix with a whisk until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Add in the melted butter, 3/4 of the blueberries, and mix.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes or so, and then ladle a spoon into a medium heat pan with some butter and cook for around 3 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the top. At this point, turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stack the cakes and enjoy with some maple syrup, remaining blueberries, strawberries and greek yoghurt (we didn’t use any yoghurt this time).