We love to use our fresh egg pasta and basil pesto for this delicious courgette and burrata pasta. It is one of our favourite dishes and doesn’t take very long, especially if you have prepared some pasta in advance and frozen it!
Ingredients (serves four):
Fresh Egg Pasta – half serving
6-8 baby courgettes OR two normal courgettes if you are feeling lazy
100 grams fresh burrata cheese
3 cloves garlic
Salt, pepper and chilli flakes for seasoning
- Use a vegetable peeler to create courgette ribbons. This will take you around half an hour but it is worth it. If you are feeling lazy, feel free to get larger courgettes and grate them. We like the ribbons as they are a similar shape to the pasta.
- Saute off the garlic, crushed, in a medium eat pan with some chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste. After around 2-3 minutes, add the courgettes and mix. Cover the pan with a lid, it will take around 5 minutes for the courgettes to be cooked. Stir them once or twice in-between.
- Boil the pasta in salted water. If straight from the freezer it will take around 5 minutes. If fresh around 3. Test it before draining.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan.
- Add around three dessert spoons of the pesto. If you think you need more, add it. We like a light amount of pesto. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Serve by plating some of the pasta, followed by some courgette, followed by more pasta and more courgette. This will create layers. You could mix all of the courgette into the pasta beforehand in one pan, but we find this means one person usually gets most of the courgette as it is hard to incorporate (particularly as the quantity of pasta increases if you are cooking for more). Top with some burrata as per image.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil (only a bit), and top with some pine nuts if you have any left over from the pesto.