This hummus recipe is very simple – throw the ingredients into the blender, season, blitz, and garnish – job done! It tastes better than anything you’ll find in the shops and takes next to no time to make!
Two cans of good quality chickpeas – liquid from one can reserved
5 tablespoons of tahini
6 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
Juice of two lemons
1.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of sea salt (or normal salt)
1 teaspoon of paprika – not smoked – plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon of chopped parsley for garnish
- Place the tahini and lemon juice into a food processor and blend with the chopping blade for 10 seconds. I find doing this makes for a smoother end product.
- Add the drained chickpeas, leaving 10 or so aside for garnish, cumin, paprika, salt, olive oil, and 5 tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid. Blend until smooth.
- If the hummus is too thick, add some more of the cooking liquid. I added 5 more tablespoons (so a total of ten) last time I made this.
- Taste for seasoning, add more salt or lemon juice if necessary.
- Garnish with some olive oil, parsley, whole chickpeas and some paprika. Enjoy!